Aviation is an industry full of terms, acronyms and technical language. This aviation dictionary app is based on the popular Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms book by Dale Crane and helps users understand all words, abbreviations, acronyms, and phrases across different aviation disciplines. The most comprehensive collection of aviation terminology available from a trusted resource in the aviation training industry, this app explains and defines over 12,000 terms and includes nearly 500 illustrations to better define and aid visual recognition. This fast app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, iPad Mini and iPad Air and offers a comprehensive search, a drop-down index to access the full database of terms and a Word of the day function to help you learn something. again daily. You don’t like this term? Tap the device to see a new word.
All specific to the aviation industry, the terms have been compiled from Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), the Pilot / Controller Glossary, and the glossaries of government manuals and manuals. In addition, many definitions that are not found in any government publication are included.
This comprehensive and handy dictionary app is the definitive reference source for the entire aviation industry – including administrators, pilots, aircraft maintenance technicians, drone operators, colleges and universities, air traffic controllers , manufacturers, engineers, government agencies, airlines and corporate flight services, as well as newcomers to the industry and those who speak English as a second language. This new version reflects the continuing evolution of the aviation and aerospace industries, to include drones, commercial space and urban mobility.
• No internet connection required; the application installs completely on your device.
• More than 12,000 aeronautical terms, acronyms, abbreviations and expressions are defined.
• Over 500 illustrations to facilitate visual recognition.
• Includes all terms and definitions from the popular book, Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms by Dale Crane.
• Brought to you by a trusted resource in aviation training and publishing, Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA).
• The powerful search function offers a quick search using the first letters of a word.
• Index allows you to browse the entire term database.
• Word of the day helps you learn a new aeronautical term on a daily basis; The shake-it function emits a new word on demand.